Any problem mounting a 1680 vertically?

ob

I have a 1680, and I have converted a 4 x 4 walk-in closet in a bedroom into a recording studio/vocals booth (Please, no in or out of the closet jokes). I built a stand for the 1680, but the footprint of the stand is taking up too much room.

I could make a lot more room if I mounted the 1680 vertically in some fashion. Aside from the risk of having it drop, as well as issues with being able to read the screen, is there any downside to mounting it vertically? Does the hard drive know which way it is oriented?

Any advice is appreciated.

Well no... technically there are no difficulties with doing this apart form the screen issues and safety issues.

However, I DO NOT recommend placing it vertically.
1) it's just stupid and tempting fate
2) it will never be covered by household contents insurance if they find tou you did that
3) heat release issues
4) the wires from the inputs etc will most likely have to hang down the front.

However, there IS a way. I have seen seveal professional looking setups where the 1680 is sitting on a rack at 45 degrees (much like you would mount a keyboard if you had several). If you could get one of the those that could probably be affixed to the wall. A compnay in the Uk called Quick-Lock does such things.

Back