Mbox 2 pro S/Pdif @ 48khz?

KyleAtGalaxy

Dedicated newb
I just bought myself an Mbox2 Pro (yeay). Anyways, If i'm understanding things correctly, when I use the S/PDif inputs I only have the option of recording at 48khz and not 92khz. Is this a true statement? I read it in a sound On sound review but it confused me:confused:thank you guys

I just bought myself an Mbox2 Pro (yeay). Anyways, If i'm understanding things correctly, when I use the S/PDif inputs I only have the option of recording at 48khz and not 92khz. Is this a true statement? I read it in a sound On sound review but it confused me:confused:thank you guys

I don't have that unit but I took a look at the online documentation and didn't see anything there that made me think that such a limitation exists. I'd bet that you're fine going at 96 but maybe someone who actually has that unit can confirm this.

SPDIF (basically AES/EBU) should be ok to carry 96khz signals at 24bit. I think the MB2 pro is rated up to 96khz as well so you should be fine I think.

Pro Tools LE will go up to 96kHz but only with an Mbox 2 Pro or a 003. Otherwise it will be limited to 48kHz.

There is no reason the session should be capped at 48kHz when you use S/PDIF at 96kHz.

Which Sound on Sound issue was this review in?

Back