how to import from a PT HD session to pro tools 9

bluesd0g

Hi,
I'm a brand new owner of PT9 (switching from Nuendo). I have some sessions on dvd's that where recorded in a pro-studio on Pro Tools HD and i am trying to import them in PT 9. Importing works fine but there was no sound. Then i fooled around with the outputs on all of the tracks and that seemed to work one by one. But I think there must be a better way to do this and maybe I overlook some other things...

What are the basic steps to do this properly ? Please explain step by step as I am not familiar with the PT-lingo.

Thx

1) Make sure you've copied the audio files to your hard drive...don't try to open the session or play back from the DVDs...(which Pro Tools *shouldn't* let you do).
2) Hold down the Alt/Option key and click on any of the track outputs, then change them to your main outs (analog 1-2, or whatever you're using). Holding down the "Alt" key will change "ALL" of the outputs.

Unless you've got a hardware issue, it should be that simple.

1) Make sure you've copied the audio files to your hard drive...don't try to open the session or play back from the DVDs...(which Pro Tools *shouldn't* let you do).
2) Hold down the Alt/Option key and click on any of the track outputs, then change them to your main outs (analog 1-2, or whatever you're using). Holding down the "Alt" key will change "ALL" of the outputs.

Unless you've got a hardware issue, it should be that simple.

Thank you!

Back