HD hardware questions(basic)...

Ok in the set-up i just mentioned it would be like Mixer channs outputs 1-8 to analog 1-8 input on your digi003, then channels 9-16 on your mixer outputs to the Alesis AI3 analog inputs, then Alesis AI3 Adat output to the ADAT input on your 003, finally, channels 17 & 18 in your mixer output to the DAT input, and the DAT SPDIF output to the digi003. Thats to record

Now outputs of the digi (mixing) Analog 1-8 outputs on the digi to 1-8 inputs on the mixboard, adat output on the digi003 to the adat input on the AI3, analog output on the AI3 to channels 9-16 on the mixboard, finally, Digi003 spdif output to the DAT spdif input, DAT analog ouput to the mixboard chans 17&18

I hope this clears things up a bit
Alright, I think I'm starting to slowly understand. Good thing I have a god 4 years before I can even afford any of this gear anyways, so I can at least get some knowledge on what I'll be buying.

Alright, I think I'm starting to slowly understand. Good thing I have a god 4 years before I can even afford any of this gear anyways, so I can at least get some knowledge on what I'll be buying.

Thats cool man, im glad for you, if you need further help, just ask ;)

4 years is a long time. There could well be something bigger and better out there by then! It's good to understand the kit anyways.

[size=+5]NEW QUESTION:[/size]
Alright, so. Now I have an LE question. But I'll try and avoid a new thread. Hopefully you guys will read this far and answer...

SO.
Could I get an Digi 003. Then get the Toft ATB16. Could I somehow use the Toft for protools. Like 8 of the channels into the channels already available on the 003. And then get a converter for the other eight to go through ADAT?

Yes I have that setup.check it out at www.sterlingsoundstudios.com

4 years is a long time. There could well be something bigger and better out there by then! It's good to understand the kit anyways.
Exactly.
Yes I have that setup.check it out at www.sterlingsoundstudios.com

So how is your system setup there, basically.

Like mixer to digi. Other mixer outputs to converter to digi Adat?

Looks like a 24 track mixer. How do you run that in le?
And also, you are running Le..right? I saw the digi 003 there, but in your explanation you say something like "Pro tools hd-le" or something like that.

Back