VM200 Aux confusion

mbazini

How would I connect an outboard effects unit to the VM200? There are aux sends but no returns. Maybe I'm missing something here but I'm just confused.

Also, I tried to use (as an alternative) the onboard effects, but the signal received by my PC is dry. Can the direct out channels have onboard effects to be captured by my pc?

My temp. solution, which is actually kinda cool, is recording the signal dry (but use the onboard effect just for monitoring purposes during the recording), and use plug-ins to shape the printed track.

Please advise....

(My VM200 is connected via optical cable to my PC's ADAT EDIT card).

Seems that outboard effects can either be applied to the channel inserts, or one of the bus outputs, stereo, aux or record can be used and returned to two channel inputs. There are no aux returns. The best place to get this clear is on the block diagram on page 41 of the manual.

The direct outs are dry. The effects are returned to the stereo,record or aux bus. The record bus appears on ADAT channels on which direct out is NOT selected (p166).

What ADAT edit card are you using?
Is it easy to import the data to the PC?
Can you take all 8 tracks at once?
Would this be a way to get the data across to a CD writer for storage? I don't want to write backups from my VR800 8 track recorder to SCSI hard discs, or DAT tapes as both involve buying more hardware that I don't want.
Is the PC clock locked or is there a risk of degradation or glitching?

Back