Fostex FD-4's $200.00!!

Bob Sordahl

I found 4 FD-4's for $200.00 each. Two in boxes and two out (displays). I'm buying one for sure. If you can figure out how to get $217.20 tax inc + $10.00 for shipping to me somehow, I will buy you one. They are going to go fast.

Bob.

congrats Bob! i only wish i had waited till now to buy one.

i bought mine last april for $600. $600!!! i could have bought an effects unit, a compressor, and an fd-4 for $600 now. oh well, that's how technology is now a days. ship em' out, all the suckers buy them up right then and there while the smart folks wait about a year because they know things are going to come down.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silksmoov:
congrats Bob! i only wish i had waited till now to buy one.

i bought mine last april for $600. $600!!! i could have bought an effects unit, a compressor, and an fd-4 for $600 now. oh well, that's how technology is now a days. ship em' out, all the suckers buy them up right then and there while the smart folks wait about a year because they know things are going to come down.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After I posted the message, I went back to buy one, and while I was standing there in line, the other three were snapped up! Now here is a question for you...My zip drive is for parallel port. Is there an easy way to convert it to SCSI so It will work with the FD-4? The cable seems to fit, but the FD-4 doesn't want to talk to it.

well bob, i've never heard of a converter from parallel to SCSI...but that doesn't mean that there isn't one..i've just never heard of it. most of the recording devices (with the exception of PC's) use SCSI ports because of that quicker access times. my advice would be to take your parallel back and exchange it for a SCSI. you might have to pay the difference in cost but you can get a 250 meg drive for less than $200.

smoov

Back