FD8 output

lindas

I have been recording in normal mode to a zip disk. From my reading of the manual, I thought I could not output to an ADAT or DAT. However, after further reading it seems that I cannot save to an ADAT or DAT but can do an optical output to an ADAT or DAT as the master recorder. Is this true? What is the best way to prepare my recording so I can have it duplicated to sell. I am new at this.

several options to mix down. 1.Mix with optical cable to DAT or cd burner. 2.Mix using "stereo output" on back of FD-8.
Options to prepare for duplication:
1. Just mix down and send to cd duplication company "as is". 2. Take your mix and have it "mastered" at a nice mastering studio.
3. I think you can buy gear that enhances your mix at home. Frankly, I have no experience with any of that stuff. I'll step out on a limb and say there are "finalizers" that can help. Someone else can tell you here on the board. kmar

If I decide to do CD burner, is it better to get a stand alone like the Phillips or to have one attached to a computer - these are usually cheaper but what type of cable and software would be needed to transfer data to the computer.

I don't do computers for recording. I have a Marantz CD recorder. Depending on my situation, I usually use the optical cable for mixdown. I think it's also called a "lightpipe". kmar

Yes, I use a stand alone CD recorder with my FD8 through the optical outputs.
It not only allows me to master without fiddling around on a pc, but it is also a realy good medium for backing up my songs to.

The optical output can be set to output the sterio mix, all 8 tracks (for use with an ADAT), or 2 tracks at a time for backup to CD or DAT recorder.

Back