Microsoft GS Wavetable error

AlienProject

Hi all, not sure if this has been covered before as I am new to the Forum, apologies in advance..........

I recently added a LAYLA20 interface to my system, (currently using an M-Audio Delta66) & when I fire up Logic Platinum i get the following error message:
"there is insufficent memory to load Microsoft GS wavetable" or words to that effect.
I have tried disabling all other references to other MIDI listings with no success.

My System consists of:
Customised ACER 5500G running Windoze Xpsp2
P4 2.0mhz
1gig memory (2 x 512mb)
80gig system hd
80gig audio hd
M-Audio Delta 66
Echo Layla 20

I have also had the same problem with a friends Mackie ONYX400F

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Tp

Last edited:
Hi all, not sure if this has been covered before as I am new to the Forum, apologies in advance..........

I recently added a LAYLA20 interface to my system, (currently using an M-Audio Delta66) & when I fire up Logic Platinum i get the following error message:
"there is insufficent memory to load Microsoft GS wavetable" or words to that effect.
I have tried disabling all other references to other MIDI listings with no success.

My System consists of:
Customised ACER 5500G running Windoze Xpsp2
P4 2.0mhz
1gig memory (2 x 512mb)
80gig system hd
80gig audio hd
M-Audio Delta 66
Echo Layla 20

I have also had the same problem with a friends Mackie ONYX400F

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Tp

Can you disable the wavetable , to see if the problem goes away?

When I disable the LAYLA & DELTA MIDI, via the control panel\Audio devices the message goes away & I can select the GS synth but cant get any sound from either the Delta or Layla.
Do you know of an article that explains how the GS Wavetable works &/or how the sound is routed?

Thanks, Terry

When I disable the LAYLA & DELTA MIDI, via the control panel\Audio devices the message goes away & I can select the GS synth but cant get any sound from either the Delta or Layla.
Do you know of an article that explains how the GS Wavetable works &/or how the sound is routed?

Thanks, Terry
Correct, because midi -wise speaking,you should hear it through your computers sound card.
From my experience,Gs wavetable is an embedded software to play on your internal sound card and only sound outputs on the pc sound card.In order for me to play my virtual synth's on my Layla,I must use reason or any desktop instrument software such as E-mu proteus- x. So just imagine the latency of using that internal sound card. That's why,Asio driver sound cards are the norm for desktop instruments. I could be wrong now.

Back