For whose use FruityLoops and Reaper

YanKleber

Retired
Maybe it is a silly thread but I passed for this small problem for some time until to figure out what was causing the issue and would like to share just in case someone else is being annoyed by this.

I am under Windows 7 and use Fruity Loops for make my sequences and Reaper for all the rest. Every now and then I used to had this problem of FL 'hiijack' the audio. I don't have AI and use only a soundcard with ASIO driver and every time I opened FL I couldn't make Reaper to produce any sound until I close FL. It meant that along the process of export FL tracks for Reaper I had to constantly start and exit FL if I needed it again.

The fix was kind of simple (after I get it). If you are in a similar situation just define audio settings either for FL as well for Reaper to ASIO4ALL. And more important of all, in FL don't forget to check the 'Auto close device' checkbox.

I hope it be useful for someone.

:)

A small tip... I have noticed that Reaper is very sensitive about to share the soundcard (don't know about AI because I don't have one) with other applications. Another small glitch is when I am with Reaper and Winamp (my default player) opened and Winamp playing something. If I stop Winamp and switch directly to Reaper it will not be able to produce any sound. However, if I switch to ANY other opened application (even Windows Explorer) and come back to Reaper the sound becomes fine again. Actually it I pass for any application before to go to Reaper -- instead to switch directly from Winamp to it -- the sound will be fine.

Maybe it is a silly thread but I passed for this small problem for some time until to figure out what was causing the issue and would like to share just in case someone else is being annoyed by this.

I am under Windows 7 and use Fruity Loops for make my sequences and Reaper for all the rest. Every now and then I used to had this problem of FL 'hiijack' the audio. I don't have AI and use only a soundcard with ASIO driver and every time I opened FL I couldn't make Reaper to produce any sound until I close FL. It meant that along the process of export FL tracks for Reaper I had to constantly start and exit FL if I needed it again.

The fix was kind of simple (after I get it). If you are in a similar situation just define audio settings either for FL as well for Reaper to ASIO4ALL. And more important of all, in FL don't forget to check the 'Auto close device' checkbox.

I hope it be useful for someone.

A small tip... I have noticed that Reaper is very sensitive about to share the soundcard (don't know about AI because I don't have one) with other applications. Another small glitch is when I am with Reaper and Winamp (my default player) opened and Winamp playing something. If I stop Winamp and switch directly to Reaper it will not be able to produce any sound. However, if I switch to ANY other opened application (even Windows Explorer) and come back to Reaper the sound becomes fine again. Actually it I pass for any application before to go to Reaper -- instead to switch directly from Winamp to it -- the sound will be fine.

Reaper even stops when it looses focus (i.e goes to the background). As soon as it looses control of the driver, it shows the sound files as "Off Line". I guess Reaper and most other DAWs, you either are making music or you're not. Plus, to get the latency issues managed, it takes exclusive control over the ASIO driver. I am pretty sure most of the "serious" DAWs do.

Reaper even stops when it looses focus (i.e goes to the background). As soon as it looses control of the driver, it shows the sound files as "Off Line". I guess Reaper and most other DAWs, you either are making music or you're not. Plus, to get the latency issues managed, it takes exclusive control over the ASIO driver. I am pretty sure most of the "serious" DAWs do.

Yes, it looses. I wasn't talking about it though...

Anyway, I hope that my tip can help someone out there!

:thumbs up:

Back