is there a way to apply comp/limiter on the wave in Reaper?

CoolCat

I was wondering if there si a way to highlight a wave, for example a bass guitar track, apply a comp and have it adjust the wave displayed to show the change.

Ive seen some mastering software , the user highlighted the wave, applied the clip/peak limit fx and then hit enter and the wave reflected the change so the user can see the peak was reduced.

is this possible to do in Reaper?

Not that I know of. You can render the track to a stem with the effect to see the result though

Maybe if you created another track,send the first to the other, put a comp as an INPUT fx on the new track, the first track would display the waveform with no comp applied, & the next WITH comp? :)

there's probably loadsa ways to do it, this is just off the top of my head (which is exposed to the elements!):D

Maybe if you created another track,send the first to the other, put a comp as an INPUT fx on the new track, the first track would display the waveform with no comp applied, & the next WITH comp? :)

there's probably loadsa ways to do it, this is just off the top of my head (which is exposed to the elements!):D

I'll try that. I was wondering if I explained it right, but was referring to simple highlight and apply FX, like in Audacity or something.

I know its more important to use our ears....but...to see the peak "clipped a wee little bit" would be helpful.

I'll try that. I was wondering if I explained it right, but was referring to simple highlight and apply FX, like in Audacity or something.

I know its more important to use our ears....but...to see the peak "clipped a wee little bit" would be helpful.

Yes it's possible. Snip that section and "apply fx to take". I think that should do it.

Yes it's possible. Snip that section and "apply fx to take". I think that should do it.

thanks! Greg.. that worked fn great and was really something I like to use. to add an effect on one small area, or reduce one little piece of the wave.... its a huge function I didnt know about. powerful reaper tip there...

Back