REAPER and free VST from Voxengo?

I have SPAN on my master bus by default. I have used Boogex in the past with good results, but I'm kind of a sucker for more "prepackaged" amp sims. You know, the ones where you choose the amp that looks like the one you'd want to play through? There's a lot of flexibility there, but that means it can take a lot of fucking around to get a specific sound... I've used MSED for a couple things, but M/S is a black art which rarely works out the way I intend. The Overtones GEQ is pretty cool, but unfortunately sort of limited by the non-parametricness. I haven't got a need for any of the others (I have a couple of their paid plugs, though) but in general all of their stuff is top quality.

I scored a few freebie via the link in the newsletter. they downloaded no prbs & I popped them in my VST folder & unpacked them but Reaper doesn't recognize them & add them to the list. In fact the last 8 or 9 VSTs I've acquired haven't been picked up by Reaper.
Is this a common problem?
I do use Voxengo BoogeEx occasionally & the cab/mic stuff that comes with it is cool. Their Tube baby is really good but needs carefully tweaking as it can be VERY aggressive. Span & Tube Amp are OK. ESSEQ I rarely use, Overtone GEQ is the same story for me.

Hi Ray,
Did you re-scan your VST folder in prefs? + I know with some plugs you can't just put them in the VST folder you must use the installer that's with the plug!,,hope it works for you :)

Thanks for the link. I just installed them and Reaper sees them, shows the interface, and appear to be functional, although I haven't had time to use them yet.

The OldSkool Reverb has a nice sound to it. I use it on Mac where I can't use the Variety of Sound Epicverb reverb plug; which is my absolute favourite (and also free).

Back