Question Regarding Reaper's VSTi's

Supercooper

Hey everyone -
I'm a beginner, and I'm considering converting to Reaper because of its low price and full functionality. But before I do, I was wondering what type of vstis the program came with. You see, I would like to use MIDI drums, as that's what I have been using in Ableton so far. I found the vsti drums there to be very useful and they were built right for my needs. As I understand it, Reaper does not come with a drum kit am I right? Also, if not, I suppose it wouldn't be too much to ask where I could get a solid VSTi drumset for not too much? Thanks for ay input. If it helps, I like to play/record pop-rock type music. Thanks again!

EZDrummer and BFD Eco are cheap and good.

If you want free - no cost, you could use:
Soundfonts with a soundfont player like Cakewalk's free SFZ player
or
Shortcircuit sampler with any set of drum .wavs (shortcircuit is excellent)

You are correct that Reaper comes with few vstis but you can add any vst you want. kvraudio.com is an excellent place to find freebies.

EzDrummer is on sale for $79 right now (through the end of march...so today only!), and extensions are $39.

I would highly recommend EzDrummer and the Classics Extension...some really great sounds in there, and with some tweaking you can get really convincing drums.

Reaper does not have a native drum program.

Back