Problem Using Digitech RP500 As Interface

Jmoog

I am having a problem using the Digitech RP500 as a recording interface. I am not super knowledgeable about software recording so I am wondering if someone here may be able to help. I am using a cheaper Acer laptop computer to run Reaper. I have "enabled" both the input and output of the RP500 in the Reaper "Midi Devices" menu under "Preferences". The problem is every time I plug the RP500 into the USB port of the laptop Reaper stops functioning. I can not get projects to play or do anything while the RP500 is connected. When the RP500 is connected and I click Play the cursor will not move or do anything. As soon as I unplug the RP500 everything works great with Reaper. Could this be a problem with the sound card of the laptop? I used Reaper with my old Toshiba laptop with no problems whatsoever. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

I am having a problem using the Digitech RP500 as a recording interface. I am not super knowledgeable about software recording so I am wondering if someone here may be able to help. I am using a cheaper Acer laptop computer to run Reaper. I have "enabled" both the input and output of the RP500 in the Reaper "Midi Devices" menu under "Preferences". The problem is every time I plug the RP500 into the USB port of the laptop Reaper stops functioning. I can not get projects to play or do anything while the RP500 is connected. When the RP500 is connected and I click Play the cursor will not move or do anything. As soon as I unplug the RP500 everything works great with Reaper. Could this be a problem with the sound card of the laptop? I used Reaper with my old Toshiba laptop with no problems whatsoever. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Make sure your RP500 is plugged in before starting Reaper. After that, then you will need to configure Reaper to use the Interface. But it needs to be plugged in and ready to use before loading Reaper as Reaper will take control of the audio devices.

Make sure your RP500 is plugged in before starting Reaper. After that, then you will need to configure Reaper to use the Interface. But it needs to be plugged in and ready to use before loading Reaper as Reaper will take control of the audio devices.

Thanks DM60. I've tried opening Reaper after the RP500 is already on and plugged into the USB port. This does not make a difference. I've also noticed that while the RP500 is connected to the laptop I can move the track cursor in Reaper to the beginning or ending of a track but I have absolutely no recording or playback capabilities regardless if a track is "armed' or not while the RP500 is connected. As soon as I pull the USB cord out of the laptop full recording and playback is available. Plug it back in and recording and playback capabilities freeze up.

Thanks DM60. I've tried opening Reaper after the RP500 is already on and plugged into the USB port. This does not make a difference. I've also noticed that while the RP500 is connected to the laptop I can move the track cursor in Reaper to the beginning or ending of a track but I have absolutely no recording or playback capabilities regardless if a track is "armed' or not while the RP500 is connected. As soon as I pull the USB cord out of the laptop full recording and playback is available. Plug it back in and recording and playback capabilities freeze up.

If you have not installed the drivers for the Interface, install then and in Reaper you want the ASIO for Audio System.

Then, double check in Reaper's options what is selected. Maybe you have something like "default device". Under Preferences->Devices->Audio
Check out what is selected.

I think this should solve your problems.

If you have not installed the drivers for the Interface, install then and in Reaper you want the ASIO for Audio System.

Then, double check in Reaper's options what is selected. Maybe you have something like "default device". Under Preferences->Devices->Audio
Check out what is selected.

I think this should solve your problems.

It solved the problem! Thanks so much!!!

Back