Can i import omf files into reaper??

BSharp810

The title sums it up.

I recorded at a local studio for years on Cubase.
I finally built my own studio, and got my omf files.
I cannot import them into my cubase 5 le.
Can I import them into my Reaper??

Actually, REAPER does not support OMF out of the box. Though, there has been work on a plugin to import OMF files into REAPER. You can find that here: ***UPDATED*** preliminary OMF Support - Cockos Confederated Forums

Otherwise, as mentioned in that thread, the best option is to use AATranslator to convert your .omf files.

Well sure, if you want to rely on first party information. :D

I just googled it and posted the first result I got, so d.bop just as likely has the more accurate answer.

I hope that this isn't too off topic but my friend emailed me a .rar file and I can't figure out how to import it too reaper? Sorry for derailing!

The overall intent on him emailing me the file was so that I could do some mixing at home and the file he was sending me is supposed to be the project with all of the various tracks and fx. Can you email this to someone from reaper and have the project remain as individual tracks?

Shouldn't have spent all that money on PT in the first place.

Now you'll be using Reaper all of the time.

I hope that this isn't too off topic but my friend emailed me a .rar file and I can't figure out how to import it too reaper? Sorry for derailing!

If you haven't figured it out already, you need to download Winrar or something like it to 'extract' the compressed files.

I got it all worked out, once I extracted the files I didn't know that I could ctrl click on all of the tracks that I wanted to import to reaper and keep my project intact.

Back