Will it work in win 7

zooterman

Hi All,
My first post on this forum, hello everyone from Wales, land of song.
Can anyone tell me if CoolEdit 2.1 will work on Win 7 64bit system.
Thanks.

I am afraid my friend that it's not compatible. I installed my CEP on another computer that still use windows XP.

I would suggest maybe creating 2 partitions on your hard drive and installing Windows 7 and XP in a dual boot config so you can install Cool Edit on your system. Unless you would rather just upgrade to Audition, which is great.

I agree with phriq but if you dual boot, install windows xp first. I burnt my HDD a week ago installing windows XP after Windows 7. I putted 2x HDDs one with XP and one with 7 and I choose in the bios which one is starting instead.

Hi All,
My first post on this forum, hello everyone from Wales, land of song.
Can anyone tell me if CoolEdit 2.1 will work on Win 7 64bit system.
Thanks.
Why don't you use a recording program that was written in THIS century? I mean, really. It is about an antique...what, maybe 20 years old?

I agree with phriq but if you dual boot, install windows xp first. I burnt my HDD a week ago installing windows XP after Windows 7. I putted 2x HDDs one with XP and one with 7 and I choose in the bios which one is starting instead.

Google this: dual boot windows xp and windows 7

Thanks but I prefer to use dual booting from the bios on 2 differents HDD's. My friend tried the same dual booting WinXP and Win7 by installing Win7 after XP and got the same problem. He bought another HDD, installed WinXP then Win7 and it worked. The reason why I prefer stay like that it's because I dont want to have to re-install all programs that I use on my computer lol!

Back