So...what do you want in the next version?

chrisharris

King of Bling
When I was using CEP 1.2, I used to occasionally email Syntrillium and tell them about a feature that I wanted. I don't know if they even read my emails, but I have a feeling they did because most of the stuff I asked for was in CEP 2.0. Well, I don't think it was ME, but a collection of people wanting the same things.

Now, I almost never record more than one track at a time, so my needs are more convenience/appearance based these days. I don't know MIDI from MADD, and I don't care. But if you have thought of something, put it here. Maybe email Adobe; I have...who knows.

1. Bring back the multiple track "solo" button. I hate having to mute 14 tracks just so I can hear 2 of them together.

2. Longer file names readable in the multitrack (pissant issue, I know....but 10 characters just ain't enough...maybe 20).

3. Main Fader back on the lefthand side with every session. I don't know why they changed this, b/c it takes up almost no space, but I hate having to open up the mixer window just to get access to a freaking volume knob. Yeah, I know you can drag it over to the left to get it where it needs to be, but the seconds of my life are valuable, LOL.

4. A metronome that stays in the lower right hand corner unless you intentionally close it. I have no idea how this works...sometimes it's there, sometimes I have to go find it...and I still haven't figured out how to put the metronome in the session box once it has mysteriously disappeared, lol.

5. A better sttttrrrrreeeeeettttccchhh feature. Soundforge's was the best I've run across. I could speed up or slow down an entire song by about 15%, in the same key, without it distorting...and it was fast.

Jeez, I've got a million picky little things, but I no longer have to open up another App to do something that CEP can't. How 'bout you?

chrisharris said:
1. Bring back the multiple track "solo" button. I hate having to mute 14 tracks just so I can hear 2 of them together.

If you hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on the solo buttons, you can solo multiple tracks. :D

whoa sweet! that is so fresh!
Multi Solo! Who would have guessed! How can i do that on red rover? lol

RonC

chrisharris said:
3. Main Fader back on the lefthand side with every session. I don't know why they changed this, b/c it takes up almost no space, but I hate having to open up the mixer window just to get access to a freaking volume knob. Yeah, I know you can drag it over to the left to get it where it needs to be, but the seconds of my life are valuable, LOL.

4. A metronome that stays in the lower right hand corner unless you intentionally close it. I have no idea how this works...sometimes it's there, sometimes I have to go find it...and I still haven't figured out how to put the metronome in the session box once it has mysteriously disappeared, lol.

I found that if I open CEP 2.1 and don't open any sessions, I can rearrange the layout any way I want, and it'll remember the layout the next time I open it, same goes for what's visible, I have the mixer window opened and docked to the left of the multitrack, with the multitrack dragged over it, so that only the master volume fader is visible, when I want to see the mixer, I just grab the edge of the multitrack and drag it to the right, just far enough to see 8 tracks worth of mixer plus the master volume.

Same goes for the metronome, I leave it visible on the bottom right of the screen all the time, I've never had it do a disappearing act on me.

I would LOVE Rewire to be implemented. I don't want VSTi's or DXi's, just the ability to pipe Reason in without having to mix a Reason doc into a stereo wave, then re-open in CEP to add regular audio.

I would like the ability to independently pan my effects on an individual track. They seem to be locked into the same pan settings as the track itself.

Or, perhaps you guys could tell me how without making a sub track.

I would also like to see a spell checker included in the next version of this forum.

homerecor said:
I would also like to see a spell checker included in the next version of this forum.
lmao, heheheheee.

As for the other, I don't know how to do it with mono tracks, but if you're recording in stereo, can you just adjust the parameters of whatever real-time effect you're using?

You can probably tell I don't use a ton of stereo FX in my crap, lol.

Solo buttons, yeah, and the master fader in a permanent position like in 1.2.

I'd like a mono button too - just one click in multitrack and it disables all pan positions so you get to hear instantly what a mono mix sounds like.

Chris,

Your Metronome problem.

View -> Session Properties

Alt + 3 is the shortcut.

My list of wants:

1. Support for VST plugs.
2. Bussing and Aux busses that don't suck (Samplitude's rocks)
3. A way to make all punches one waveform w/ out me mixing it down by hand.
4. Group waveform export with no spaces
5. A way for me to punch in and out by hand
6. Post/pre effects. Let me put them in the order I want
7. Metronome automation. Sometimes I want a click for 8 measures and then to turn off on its own.
8. Basically just look at Samplitude 7 Pro. I want CEP to be that program (w/ metronome) for $299.

Beez

1. VST effects
2. ASIO Drivers
3.CPU meter
4.More routable mixer- send effects send to different channel
5. Include a GATE with effects
6. Better interface for effects panels
7. Better distortion
8.More color options for individual audio files in tracks (7 or so get old quick)
9.Better time-streching
10. Bring back built-in cd burner

and more, I'm sure, once I'm on my audio computer and can mess around with CEP :D

Beezoboy said:
Chris,

Your Metronome problem.

View -> Session Properties

Alt + 3 is the shortcut.
Thank you soooo much.

BTW - I'm curious about the bussing issue. I don't use them much, but it's more a cpu issue for me right now...which will be fixed very soon. And I'm planning on using the busses a lot more for FX...especially on vocals. Please let me know how they suck, lol.

thanks again for the metro tip

more surround options!

I want surround support with the ability to output to at least DD 5.1and not just wma9. I would also like to see more flexibility/options in the surround panner.

dlv

ASIO driver support

Low latency real-time input monitoring

Meters on both the track properties window, and the mixer window

Fader and pan controls that follow automation envelope settings

Personally, I doubt that Adobe is going to change much about AA, They bought the program pretty much to add sound capabilities to their video package, and it does this as is.

I think they could re-work the dynamics processor interface a bit but that may make it backwards-incompatible I guess. It's always such a science project for me to get into that thing !

Maybe update the spectrum analyzer a little and add a few more realtime features something like decay rates and whatnot.

Okay, educate me. I've never been on top of this driver issue, cuz the Cool drivers have worked for me.

If Audition gets ASIO drivers, what will you be able to do that you can't do now?

Back