Recordings made with Cool Edit Pro playback as static when burned

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakedbeens

I made some recordings of 78 records onto my computer using Cool Edit Pro. They are saved as .wav files and play back on the computer in Winamp, WMP, etc just fine, but when I burn them to a CD to share them, they play back as static. I am also having problems converting them to .mp3, but haven't sussed that out yet.
The only thing I can think of is that the .pk files got deleted. What are these, and would they cause this problem?
Thanks much for your input.

I made some recordings of 78 records onto my computer using Cool Edit Pro. They are saved as .wav files and play back on the computer in Winamp, WMP, etc just fine, but when I burn them to a CD to share them, they play back as static. I am also having problems converting them to .mp3, but haven't sussed that out yet.
The only thing I can think of is that the .pk files got deleted. What are these, and would they cause this problem?
Thanks much for your input.

Two questions;

Did you burn them as 16bit, 44.1 Khz .wav files?
and what CD burning software are you using?

Yes, I was using Nero, and I believe that is the default.
I think I figured it out actually. I converted the files to pcm .wav files and was able to convert them to .mp3s (for emailing). Plus XP has upgraded them from blue font to black.
I am about to burn them again, but I think it should work.

It worked!
Now to finish mixing the other tracks from the ultra scratchy 78 originals and I've also got to dial up the speed on a couple of tracks since it sounds like a battery powered device ran down.
I was quoted $500 to do this and was flabbergasted. Now I understand and would happily pay it if I had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back