Recording Onto Cool Edit

djloopee

probley the simplest thing to be done on here but i cant get it too work

i got cool edit pro 2.0 and i got my mini disc into my line in im playing and recording but it aiont reading no sound the green bars aint moving or nothing i dont understand it :-s

I'm having the same problem. I'm looking to record the songs from an old movie that does not have a soundtrack. I have done what I'm looking to do two years ago on my friend's computer. It worked perfectly, but I can't do it myself. I play the dvd in my dvd drive, and hit record on cool edit, but there's no action. It is getting very frustrating. Could you please tell me how you got it to work? Thanks!

Recording from DVD is a bit trickier.

First, is the sound of the dvd coming from the analog connection at the back of the dvd? If so, then you will have to select the main output of the mixer as input source.

If it goes digital, then you might have a chance using Totalrecorder. This app places itself between the sound output and the card driver. Import the recorded wave in CEP afterwards.

There are rippers that can do this directly.

help help

i step by step instructions please i got everything recorded in a multi track session but where do i go from here if i want to put it on cd

djloopee said:
probley the simplest thing to be done on here but i cant get it too work

i got cool edit pro 2.0 and i got my mini disc into my line in im playing and recording but it aiont reading no sound the green bars aint moving or nothing i dont understand it :-s

What is your recording interface? Is your 'Gain' up? Is the interface assigned properly to your app?

Look in Options>Settings. Go find your wave-in/Recording device settings, and make sure the device you're recording with is the one highlited. Don't forget to hit the OK button.

And, don't forget to properly assign your tracks you're recording to in Cool Edit (right-click on the track 'module'), and arm them! :)

Sorry I'm not more step-by-step specific, but I'm getting ready for work myself, now!

Back