Problem with Audition

88fingers

So I went to Adobe Audition's site last night and downloaded the upgrade (since I have a registered version of CEP 2.0). Anyway, everything went thru fine, but when I tried to finish the upgrade, and put in the new cd key they gave me, I got a message that said I don't have a qualifying version of Cool Edit Pro installed. I've attached a screen shot of the message I got.
I've already called support, but they gave me the runaround for 30 minutes (using up my cell minutes), and then just said that they would have to send me to another line, and they did that, and I got disconnected; I have no intentions of calling back those unhelpful people.
Can anyone tell me what is going on? I have 2.0 installed, it's registered, I use it quite often, so I know the message is incorrect; I just don't know what to do about it.
Thanks!
-Brandon

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 164
Hi Brandon - there's been very little discussion about Audition on this page - I think most people here are still clinging to Cool Edit, and so don't know a lot about Audition.

I phoned Adobe once or twice and found their phone people really helpful (it's the one thing I like about Adobe so far) - maybe you got them on a bad day.

Anyway, I think you *need* Adobe's help on this one. Alternately, there were some threads in the Audition page of their website that talked about people's difficulties getting Audition installed. Have you checked that page out?

You shouldn't have posted this here. This belongs in the "ADOBE AUDITION" forum.

Oh wait...

Kidding, of course...good luck.

My "upgrade" from 2.1 to AA went flawlessly. As for a qualifying product, maybe you've got something messed up in your registry for CEP. Have you tried uninstalling CEP, reinstalling, and then trying the upgrade using the NEW serial from the Adobe site?

I haven't tried that yet, no. I also went to the Adobe Audition forums, but they're so unorganized, I couldn't find anything useful. I'm probably just going to stick with CEP for the time being and worry about upgrading sometime in the future. I've been thinking of getting Pro Tools anyway...

Well, if you do decide to stay with AA in the future, make sure you stay in the upgrade path. I'd get it going sometime soon just in case. There's very little difference between CEP 2.0 and 2.1, and almost none between 2.1 and AA, so if you're happy with 2.0 for now, go with it.

I would try upgrading to 2.1, then moving over to audition.

I believe the folks over at the adobe forums can tell you where to get the 2.1 upgrader.

-lee-

Had the same problem with a "qualifying product". Call AA support, not AAA support.:rolleyes: They walked me through some registry maneuvers and all is well, providing you have a licensed copy. Cheers, Lee :)

Okay, I bit the bullet and did the Adobe cross-over...I had the same problem originally, but I'd never bothered to upgrade to CEP 2.1...so I did that, then did the adobe "upgrade" or whatever it is, and it worked fine. It probably just fixed the registry when I upgraded to 2.1, but regardless...it worked.

SINCERELY,

LICENSED OWNER OF ADOBE AUDITION

Back