Need Info On Copy Protecting My Songs:

huff

Can anybody tell me how to protect my music from being copied off the CDs' using my Adobe Audition(Cool Edit Pro)? or is there another program I must use? In other words, I don't won't people purchasing a CD from me only to be able to make a copy off of it for a friend or two for free.

There is no PRACTICAL way to stop anyone from copying it.....

Even if there were some electronic encoding, someone could always copy it by simply recording the music from the analog outputs.......

Why are you so concerned with copy-protection in the first place??

"Why am I so concerned" you say? Well it's simple, I don't want my music stolen before I get it copyrighted and also the fact still remains that even after I copyright the material, I've had people tell me they really enjoyed my music, only to find out they made a copy off of someone who had purchased the CD.
Now, I wouldn't mind as much if I was making thousands or millions of dollars for my music but, It coast me a lot of money to make a CD. If your in the business you should know what I'm talking about, if not than you don't have any ideal of the money, long hours and hard work that is put in to making a recording. Now do you understand why? I know that there are a lot of people who know how to rip a cd out there but, most folks don't know how to get around inscripted sercurity codes that I'm interested in. I'm sure you know how to do it but, most people I know just use simple burning software to copy a cd and when there software lets them know it can't burn it because of a security code error they are lost and give up.
Thanks for your post Blue Bear.

If it were possible, with something as cheap as CoolEdit, don't you think that every major label on the planet would have been doing it for years?

Chrisjob is correct...but might I make a suggestion....
If you are concerned about finished material being distributed without your consent...than never allow "finished" material to be released...
In other words...only give exerpts or simplified versions away...and until you are published...allow full versions available for those who wish to pay monetarily...
Keep in mind sir that anyone who copies your material for their listening enjoyment is paying you the highest compliment...and is a direct reflection upon your talent....

huff said:
"Why am I so concerned" you say? Well it's simple, I don't want my music stolen before I get it copyrighted and also the fact still remains that even after I copyright the material, I've had people tell me they really enjoyed my music, only to find out they made a copy off of someone who had purchased the CD.
Now, I wouldn't mind as much if I was making thousands or millions of dollars for my music but, It coast me a lot of money to make a CD. If your in the business you should know what I'm talking about, if not than you don't have any ideal of the money, long hours and hard work that is put in to making a recording. Now do you understand why? I know that there are a lot of people who know how to rip a cd out there but, most folks don't know how to get around inscripted sercurity codes that I'm interested in. I'm sure you know how to do it but, most people I know just use simple burning software to copy a cd and when there software lets them know it can't burn it because of a security code error they are lost and give up.
Since I own and operate a commercial recording studio, I DO know "a little" about what's invovled with music production....

But it doesn't matter if you encrypt a CD to the moon and back. It takes nothing to stick a recorder at the analog outputs and record it.... which is why I said there's NO practical method of stopping people from copying material.

Well, I have to say you guys' have a way of saying things. Sorry if I come over a little ticked off but, I just asked a simple question and got a lot of smart remarks.

As I said before if you read my message carefully, I know you can't stop everyone. I just wanted to know if there was just a simple script or something I could use.

Most people I know would not set at a computer for 8-10 hours or more trying to figure out how to copy or hack my cd, it's that plan and simple. So If you dont' know of anything, don't say nothing or at least try to be helpful not sarcastic. and yes I know they can just use the outputs to record from but seriously, how many people do you know that can even that? and yes I know if there is such a script the big boys' would already be using it!! I just asked a simple question here man and this is what I get! nothing! I was told about saving my music in a format that could be played on standard cd players, computers ect...ect.. but would not be easily broken(hacked). I just wondered if any of you guys knowed anything about it.

The short answer - which we've been trying to say all along but you're not hearing, is -- THERE'S NO WAY.....

There's no script, there's no "hack"......... it simply ISN'T.

the solution!

actually there is a way...

if your music sucks really really bad...thats probably the best copy protection there is.

dlv

I'd have to refer you to wwwinvisiblerecords.com Martin has played with Killing Joke and John Lydon he claims that through his research the most highly successful band in internet sales are also those that post and offer the most free downloads.(don't shoot me...I just believe everything I'm told and then repeat it), really ck out his site- I saw him at SXSW and he made some sense, at the time, wel he was entertaining. Good Luck

copy syndrome is help to make my song's then publish to all people hahahaha, really confused for audio cd's protect

Back