Multitrack Session will not play.

kelhard

Hey there.
I'm trying to work on a session after a long haitus and it will not play for me. The session loads in and the audio files are all there, yet when I press the "Play" button, all I get is the little "hour glass" icon, the function portion of the screen "file, view, help, ect...) becomes white and I get a nice little "not responding" message and the program freezes. Nothing happens, and I can't access any functions. So I have to close the window with the X at the top of the screen. When I re-start CEP, it asks me if I want to continue the previous session, delete it or continue later. I've tried all 3, and when I go back into the session, the same thing happens. Yes, I made sure the output playback devices were selected and avaliable. I don't know what else to do, besides attempt to re-create a new session with the exact same parameters as the original.
Any ideas???

I get this kind of stubbornness from the program if I try to play a session that is set to a different sample rate than what my hardware can handle. Or if I try to open and play a file that is different than the current session. It doesn't really crash but it struggles tremendously just to bring it to my attention.

Check some of those settings. Something may have been changed since you last saved that session.

Thank you for the reply :-)

Hi there. I checked the sample rates and all was good. But it made me think.
The only thing I could remember that I changed before the last save was adding FX the vocals. I removed the FX from the track and that did the trick. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. :D

kelhard said:
The only thing I could remember that I changed before the last save was adding FX the vocals. I removed the FX from the track and that did the trick.

Why would removing the FX from the track get rid of the problem? Cool and Audition are supposed to run FX quite happily on tracks, right?

dobro said:
Why would removing the FX from the track get rid of the problem? Cool and Audition are supposed to run FX quite happily on tracks, right?
Some effects are not supposed to be used in real time.
If he put some of those on two or more tracks then I am not surprised about system overload.
This could have been even worse if buffer size was small in the same time

Back