I have an editing question...

presto5

After way too many tries, I have a near flawless vocal track but I screwed up on the 2nd chorus...Can I copy the first one and paste it over the original? If so whats the easiest way? Thanks:D

Sure you can copy and paste the first chorus, but why not just delete the second chorus and try to retrack only the second chorus rather than retracking the whole song? From your post it sounded like you were trying to get through the entire song in one track, which is possible, but it tends to be easier to split up the song into parts and track one part at a time (or at least do a solid take of the whole song and go back in and fix lousy parts by retracking them).

If you do decide to copy and paste from the first chorus, just make sure the instruments in the second chorus are very closely locked in with the timing of the instruments in the first chorus.

If I were to copy and paste from another vocal part, I would just expand the parameters of how the program displays the wavs until I could see right where both tracks I want to line up start, then I would just eyeball/eardrum it.

After way too many tries, I have a near flawless vocal track but I screwed up on the 2nd chorus...Can I copy the first one and paste it over the original? If so whats the easiest way? Thanks:D

Yes you can.

The easiest way depends on what application you are using and how you recorded the vocals.

You need to let us know the program, and whether the vocal track is one continuous track or a number of sequential takes

Back