Help with Cool Edit Pro 2.0

clearday75

I just bought the Cool Edit Pro 2.0 software and I read the monster manual and learned as much as I could absorb in one day, but I still don't understand alot about it. I imported an MP3 track from which I want to add vocals. So, I put that track in Track 1 in Multitrack View. Then, I created a new file and sang my vocals into a condensor mic. I edited and added effects to my vocals, Then, I wanted to add this track into the Multitrack view Mix. I added the vocal track to Track 2, and I can hear it fine, but I can't figure out how to get it timed with the music properly. What I am trying to do is place the vocal track in a specific spot in the song. I don't know how to do this or how to make it sync up in the proper timing in the song using this software. There must be a way to get exact timing using this software. Please help me figure this out. Thanks for any help.

Did you record vocals into edit view or into the multi-track view?

BTW, where did you buy your Cool Edit software?

I got this figured out awhile back. I was new to the software and panicking. There is alot to dig into with this software, but it's really alot of fun.

The software was given to me as a gift.

Thanks for your help.

After re-reading my own reply, I realized that I am mistaken. I bought the Cool Edit Pro on an internet site, which I will let remain nameless. I have bought so many things while trying to learn this recording process that my head is spinning. I just built a vocal booth in my basement, which cost some change as well. I was given some music production software as a gift, thankfully. Between acoustic foam, sound blankets, audio software, microphones, shockmounts, et al, this is a pricey toy. Hopefully some good music comes out of this investment.

Back