does cool edit support vst plug ins?

LordSire

Someone just had me download some Kjaerhaus effect module plug ins, and i dont know how to access them in cool edit. I have CEP 2.1, and pipeline linked me to a website with a vst "wrapper". Said i'd need that in order to work with vst's in cep. But there was no "true" application in the folder after i downloaded it. Can anybody help me out?

cool edit doesn't support VST to my knowledge, so you would have to use the VST wrapper to convert the plugins to DirectX. i don't know if the wrapper is actually a program in itself, but more likely it acts like another plugin. just install the file to your plugins folder and you should be able to use it. it might be a .dll file or something, but i've never actually used a VST wrapper myself so i'm just guessing. hopefully someone else can help you out here...:)

?????

How would i go about installing the file into the plug in folder? Do i drag and drop, or do i right click and "send to" cool edit? I know this may seem really elementary to ask, but i have no idea about vst conversion to directx. All just bare with me on this one....I'm trying.

try dragging and dropping the file into the plugin folder that Cool Edit uses. is it a .dll file?

yes. they are .dll files

And everytime I go to open one, it doesn't do anything. Just tells me that I shouldn't mess with it, because it's a program file or something, and that bothering it could damage my system. And I do'nt see a folder for plug ins inside of cool edit

It's a long time since I used a wrapper but I'm sure if you download one from the Spinaudio site - if they still have it there - it would come with installation and use instructions. The wrapper converts the vst effect to a dx effect and then you see it in the dx effect menu in Cool Edit.

Back