CEP Crashed on me

sondriven

Hello,

I was in the middle of a project and my computer locked up. 900mhz P3 256 Ram HP. I had to restart the computer. And restarted CEP 2.0. It gave me the option to continue where I left off. This has happen to me before and has always worked nicely. But as it reloaded, it locked up immediately again. So I restarted the computer again, but this time when I started CEP it never gave me the option to continue. My question is can I still recover the few tracks I recorded?

I looked the Temp directory but didnt see them. C:/windows/temp

It figures too. I had a pretty good vocal take.

Thanks for any help I get!

KT

PS. Ive been using CEP 2 for a few months now. Is it just me or is a little unstable at times?

cep 2.0

I don't think the program itself is unstable but it might have issues with something else you are using..i've had cep 2.0 for a long time now and i've never had a crash/lockup with it. i'm running winxp pro and a lowly pititul flog me for even saying it sb live card (i had to say that to keep the masses from filling the thread with SB hate posts and not answering your question).

:P

dlv

All I really need to know is that: Is it still possible to recover the files that were recorded?

Thanks.

I was only using CEP 2.0 with a Waves Delay Plugin. Thats it. The computer wasnt even straining yet. Only 4 tracks of audio were playing.

KT

so sorry!

Okay sorry about that! I was too busy warning about other people getting off topic and I was head of the class! Well..You may want to try this and I'm not sure if it will work but it's worth a shot.
Do a search on your hard drive for .tmp files. Once your computer comes up with all the temp files sort them by size. If your .wav files are still there they are probably about 50mb or so so they should obviously stick out from the rest. Try renaming those large files from .tmp to .wav and play them. You will either get your lost takes or an error message. This is what I used to do with certain other files that had been downloaded to my computer but not saved in it's proper format before something like a crash happened.

Hope this helps
dlv

p.s. those tmp files should be in the temp directory specified in CEP. Also, delete all those other tmp files that aren't your takes! they are just taking up space!

bump

i posted this morning but it still says you were the last to post so i'm hoping this will fix things..

dlv

Back