CE2K MP3 question

e-drummer

I record myself playing drum loops on a roland V-kit and record in stereo 44.1khz 16 bit. I then convert it to mono and save that as well.I also need MP3 .
When i convert to MP3 the file that is saved seems to have a bit of silence added to the beginning and the end.
Any ideas how to stop this happening?
cheers

e-drummer said:
I record myself playing drum loops on a roland V-kit and record in stereo 44.1khz 16 bit. I then convert it to mono and save that as well.I also need MP3 .
When i convert to MP3 the file that is saved seems to have a bit of silence added to the beginning and the end.
Any ideas how to stop this happening?
cheers

It could be that you are missing the silence when you are cutting the track there are a group of buttons just right of the start stop record before saving the file click on the + magnifieng glass or circle it will let you magnify your waveform then you can check out the begining to see if mabey you missed a little. Move your mouse to the colored bar on the top side of your wave and you can scroll the wave your silence will be a line at the begining if you go to far on the + the whole thing will be dots or a solid line hit the - next to bring it back to normal before saveing or you might save only what is in the window at the time.

When when i`m "topping and tailing" the loops i`m always zoomed in almost as far as it go`s and I always loop play the mono wave file before i save as mp3.
Ive since had an email that suggest that suggests that this is actually part of the process and happens with all MP3 encoders apart from one that I cant remember the name of.
I was starting to suspect this myself but if anyone can tell me otherwise i`ll be glad to hear it.
Thanks for your reply though Mapeterson

Back