Style Enhancer

MadStrum!

Does Sonar 3 still have this?

Actually, do you people use this? I've yet to use it.. and my comp has an error installing it..

Pier.

Yep, it's still there. No I don't use it. Yes it does work - with limitations.

:) Q.

Why can't u install it - what error?

Actually what is the use of the style enhancer?
Does it help smoothen , say a "saxophone" played with keyboard so that it sounds more like a real one?

What I want to know is, does a newer versioncome with Sonar 3?
The error is during installation ... it says that it can't unpack the a file... then when I click ok the installation exits.

Thanks.

Pier.

MadStrum! said:
Does it help smoothen , say a "saxophone" played with keyboard so that it sounds more like a real one?
I don't think you'll be very satisfied with the results. I know, I've tried. Programming real instruments is an art, and the results from a plug-in doesen't really cut it...

The best way is as usual the hard way. Learn to program it...

You can read "Making it Real" at Computer Musics homepage... :)

I'm surprised by the number of people who program note-for-note. Why go through the painstakingly method of moving notes to the right 'human' place if you can play all basic parts of the drumkit in real time and edit the fills afterwards? (or switch to half tempo and play them in real time too). If you find it too difficult on the small keyboard keys you can buy some pads and Bob is your uncle...

Playing drums on keyboards are easy and perhaps piano and Hammond B3... but try playing a saxofone and make it real... ;)

moskus said:
but try playing a saxofone and make it real... ;)

Yeah, I know. Therefore, the usage of midi saxophone should be prohibited. I've never heard a good saxophone sample in my life (except for very short low tenor sax sample, they can work sometimes)

If you can't get the sound, don't fool around?

ROFL :)

The article is cool however. Did you read this Kgirl72? It's good for ya!

I thought the key to getting a good sax sound was begging and pleading enough so that Lt. Bob records a real one for you.....

Seemed to work for Sluice......

;) Q.

I recently got a school band to record some brass and wind tracks for me. Nothing crazy - these were 10 and 11yo kids - just a simple backing part recorded in pieces one at a time. The teacher, (friend), was more than happy for them to have something else to play with for practice and they were excited to hear themselves recorded......

And it didn't cost anything more than a case of beer and a packet of Freddo Frogs.

I've heard some great MIDI saxophone tracks... but they were programmed by pro's. There's no chance I'll get close to it... :(

And it didn't cost anything more than a case of beer and a packet of Freddo Frogs. [/B][/QUOTE]

Did the kids drink the beer before or after playing the parts?

moskus said:
...but try playing a saxofone and make it real... ;)

I knew, nothing beats Lt. Bob, but -with salt and grain- Giga sampler (or Giga studio) does it man... smooth like a butt of baby... :cool:

Anyway, good link as always, moskus... just a thought, why didn't you post it in the United Usefull Cakewalk Links thread ? :)

For information on particular instruments, check out www.vsl.co.at

Find the Instruments link when you enter, and look at the enormous wealth of information they have for each instrument. Very good for those looking to program parts that sound like the real thing. Of course, having the latest version of the VSL (230 GB!!!) wouldn't hurt...

Back