Slowing a song tempo down in S4

warble

Hey all,
I've tracked a song recently with my Dad's band. Good results but my Dad feels the tempo is a bit too fast for his liking. Well, aside from re-tracking the entire song, anyone out there effectively "slowed" the tempo down and had it turn out decent? We're dealing with audio tracks only here.

I mixed down, created a 2-track master, and brought that file only into Sonar and attempted to use the MPEX scaling....didn't really work for me. I realize this may be a misuse of this plugin, but I wanted to try regardless. The final result was not to my liking at all. I could here artifacts or something going on and could definitely tell a difference in sonic quality. I used the MPEX algorithm and has everything set to highest quality.

So after this typing......time to re-track :) ?

Having just bought Sonar 4 Producer I haven't had the chance to try it yet but I did do some tempo changes when using CW PA 9. The only tracks I could slow the tempo on without noticeable artifacts was drums. I selected all drum tracks then did the time thing increasing the time by (I think) 110%. It didn't work so well with guitars and definitely not with vocals. Drums would have been the hardest and most time consuming to re-track so I was happy with the results. Had to re-track guitars and vocals.

DD

Like DigitalDon, I have changed the tempo using CWPA 9. Never liked the results. Speeding up doesn't sound as bad as slowing down, though.

Back