session drummer

icarus

i've been trying to open session drummer in pro audio 9 and i can't get it to open. the book says to go to console view and right click the black aux bus part and then you can click on it. when i try that though, all i get is samplegrabber. how do i get to it? i need something drum machinesque.

First you need a blank midi track. Either insert one in the project, or use a blank one if one's already there.

Then go to console view. Find the track that you want to use and right click in the square black box below the track name (same place you would patch in an audio effect on an audio track). You should get a pop-up menu. Select Midi Effects-> Cakewalk -> Session Drummer and Session Drummer should open up.

After you close Session Drummer, the plugin name should appear in the Track Console (Session Drummer). To reopen it, just (left)double-click on the name.

These instructions are from Sonar, but I believe it's the same for PA9. BTW, I don't think you can patch in a midi effect on an Aux Bus - just audio plugins.

Back