Recording a live band, do I need more?

Flash

Need help here.....This may be long. Equipment first... Mackie 1604-VLZ PRO, Delta 1010 Soundcard, that's all that really needs to listed I think.
My idea was running lead, rythum and bass thru pedal boards and 3 mikes for vocals. That only leaves 2 channels for drums through the Delta.....I think that blows. I would like to be able to have 5 or 6 channels for the drums. Does this mean I need another Delta 1010 or am I over looking something? I know I can go through subs on the Mackie but is that what I really want to do? Don't I want the over heads and bass and toms and snare and high hats on there own track where I can edit? Responses please......thanks much in advance................

More inputs or don't track everything at the same time or use subs and accept the fact that you won't have a track/mic...

I am relatively certain you can run multiple 1010's in the same PC - check with their website's support section.

Ciao,

Q.

It all depends on the styhle of music and on the DRUMMER.

The best thing is to have the whole band play the song with a loud click in the room, use minimal micing to get it down IN TIME. Then go back and lay down everything individually and delete the chase track. Unless you have a great studio with lots of nice rooms, this will give you better seperation, a cleaner mix, and alot better overall sound. And 8 ins at a time will be plenty to get it done and have it sound really good.

H2H

Back