Music Video

pmc181

My son and I want to start makeing music videos in our recording studio at home. We have a 16 channel Mixer going through a Motu into the computer and then use Sonar for regular sound recording.We've just been using Sonar for sound projects, and Vegas Video for video and audio projects. We have an analog camcorder,( we hope to go digital later), and we use a USB port to capture the audio and video and bring it into Vegas Video for editing. The sound quality with the camcorder is not good to say the least. So we want to record the audio straight to Sonar for editing and use Vegas for the video editing.Once the editing is done, we would bring the two together in one program or the other. Here's the question. I've heard so much about time code and sync that I'm not sure how to do this and keep the sound and video in sync with each other. I mean we are going to be recording the video on the camcorder and the audio to the computer at the same time. How do I lock the two together when I merge them? I've heard about SMTP and everthing, but is this already on our video track when we capture it from the camcorder and bring it into the computer?

Thanks,

Paul & Pat

Magnum Blues

Sorry for the type-O. I meant SMPTE time. SMPTE is the acronym for the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers.

Thanks,

Paul

i've made videos using Video Vegas...what i did was record the video wit said song in the background transport it to vegas then i would transport the finished tracked into vegas also and match up the lip movements wit the lyrics, it worked good for me

synch to body movements

how would you synch body movements to your music? i want to take let's say an eminem video and synch it to my music. his video might be synched to a 90 bpm song, and my song may be 93 bpm, plus his movements may be synched to an upbeat and i would like mine to be synched to a down beat. is there a tutorial for this? i looked in the manual, but i still can't figure this out. i c ouldn't resist the double post, i posted something similar in the sonic forum.

Teacher said:
i've made videos using Video Vegas...what i did was record the video wit said song in the background transport it to vegas then i would transport the finished tracked into vegas also and match up the lip movements wit the lyrics, it worked good for me
I've done this plenty of times, and in my opinion it's the easiest way to do it. :)

So we want to record the audio straight to Sonar for editing and use Vegas for the video editing.

Why would you bother doing that, since Vegas has perfectly excellent audio recording capabilities?

AlChuck said:
Why would you bother doing that, since Vegas has perfectly excellent audio recording capabilities?
But Sonar is so much more powerfull... ;) I think Vegas is harder to use than Sonar when it comes to audio (but that might be because I've never really used Vegas for anything other than video).

Back