Mixing down audio+midi

darvis

Either I am really stupid or its not possible: can you mixdown both audio and midi so that it goes to a single .wav file?

It's not possible within Cakewalk. That is, you can mix down both by sending the audio and midi tracks out of the output of your soundcard and onto tape or whatever (by just pressing 'play' in Cakewalk). Unfortunately, you can't mix down audio and midi to another set of tracks with the 'mixdown' function internally in Cakewalk. Basically, what you have to do is to record your midi tracks to actual audio tracks in Cakewalk, and then mix down that way.

It's kind of a pain in the ass, and I wish Cakewalk would figure out some way to get around it, but that's what you gotta do!

Ryan

Wait a second. How about running two instances of Cakewalk at the same time.
One plays MIDI, the other plays and records audio. That's the way they handled this in
CW 6.

a day late, maybe, but it's possible

you can mix them both down, but you have to mix the MIDIs down as audio tracks. Just set a new track to record and then solo out each MIDI track as you do them.

37point5 said:
It's not possible within Cakewalk. That is, you can mix down both by sending the audio and midi tracks out of the output of your soundcard and onto tape or whatever (by just pressing 'play' in Cakewalk). Unfortunately, you can't mix down audio and midi to another set of tracks with the 'mixdown' function internally in Cakewalk. Basically, what you have to do is to record your midi tracks to actual audio tracks in Cakewalk, and then mix down that way.

It's kind of a pain in the ass, and I wish Cakewalk would figure out some way to get around it, but that's what you gotta do!

Ryan
What product are you using?

This can be done if you use DXi's (or VSTi's) as your MIDI synths. In that case, you do not need to convert the MIDI to audio.

If you are using PA9, you're outta luck, since it doesn't support DXi's. With PA9 the MIDI has to be recorded to audio before you can mixdown (either internally or externally).

Gees, dachay... Looks like you have an answer for that FIVE YEARS OLD QUESTION... :eek: :p

Ooooppsss..... :o

:D :D :D
Doc was having fun with CW 6... :D :D :D

Back