Just how much can i do with cakewalk

SilentSound

I am doing a music and voice over project in which i need to have stereo music and voices line up with each other at appropriate times. I have cakewalk p.a. 8 and am recording with adats and dumping it to the computer. Will this be a chore to line them up?? I only have stereo ins but i don't have to put it all down at the same time since i am mixing it together. Any info would be cool

mm
sss

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do but it sounds like your options are wide open. Are you going to mix down in Cakewalk or send it back to your ADATs and then to a mixer?? Anyway,Its very easy to position tracks in Cakewalk any where you want to put them. Simply drag and drop.We use CW alot for exactly that reason.Its cheating, but you can take that perfect chorus that can probably never be done the same way again, copy it and paste it where its supposed to be. Just line it up and bingo.If you have ADATS and CW and a way to fly tracks back and forth, the sky is the limit man.

That's right and additionally, try duplicating some of the vocal tracks once you get
them into Cakewalk. Then take the copied track and delay it ever so slightly.
See if that helps to make the vocals a little larger. But in answer to your question,
place the tracks into Cakewalk two at a time (since you have a stereo input) and
line them up later.

Back