help with HS2002 session drummer?

guttadaj

I'm new to Cakewalk - just got HomeStudio 2002 about a week ago. One of the many things I'm trying to figure out is the session drummer, and I'm having no luck. I searched this forum, but didn't find any info on my problem.

I select a MIDI track then choose the Session Drummer MIDI effect. When I do that, the Session Drummer window comes up, but there is nothing listed under Style, Pattern, or Song... :confused:

Here are my track settings:
Ch: 10
Pch: 1
Bank: 16256-1..128
In: None - I've tried MIDI Omni, although I don't know what that is, and I've also tried MIDI Ch 10, but neither helped matters
Out: 2-General MIDI Drums - my 2 out is 'Santa Cruz DLS Synth', and I can record/hear drums using the piano roll

Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong? From my search in this forum, I've gathered that Session Drummer should be ready to go "out-of-the-box" with HomeStudio without the need to go download any plug-ins or anything, so I'm at a loss as to what I'm missing.

Thanks for any help you can offer me.
-Jeff

guttadaj said:
I'm new to Cakewalk - just got HomeStudio 2002 about a week ago. One of the many things I'm trying to figure out is the session drummer, and I'm having no luck. I searched this forum, but didn't find any info on my problem.

I select a MIDI track then choose the Session Drummer MIDI effect. When I do that, the Session Drummer window comes up, but there is nothing listed under Style, Pattern, or Song... :confused:

Here are my track settings:
Ch: 10
Pch: 1
Bank: 16256-1..128
In: None - I've tried MIDI Omni, although I don't know what that is, and I've also tried MIDI Ch 10, but neither helped matters
Out: 2-General MIDI Drums - my 2 out is 'Santa Cruz DLS Synth', and I can record/hear drums using the piano roll

Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong? From my search in this forum, I've gathered that Session Drummer should be ready to go "out-of-the-box" with HomeStudio without the need to go download any plug-ins or anything, so I'm at a loss as to what I'm missing.

Thanks for any help you can offer me.
-Jeff

There's an error in the Helpfile. If you go over to Cakewalk's website and join the HomeStudio newsserver group, people have posted the correction.

Back