EMU 1820M & SONAR & SOUND FORGE

APP

hi,

would love to hear from anybody with actual experience using these 3 together.
if you could also let me know what versions of the software you're using. i plan on using sonar 4 and SF 7 with this card, and i can't tell clearly if there is support or not for the drivers. i would not likely need to record at a higer sampling rate than 48 and at 24-bit. also will be using WINXP home.

any tips are much appreciated!

thx.

Hi,

I don't have direct experience with this combination, but here's my thoughts.

If previous versions of Sonar supported the card, then so too will v4. Have you checked out the Cakewalk website, looked in the Support section and searched their hardware guide for your card? They are normally pretty good about keeping this updated with different card's results for operation in Sonar.

In relation to SF7, I do not own it but downloaded their demo. I cannot get this to bind to my card correctly where the demoes for v6 and v5 both worked properly. So said, if you buy it, open it carefully so if it doesn't work you can return it for a refund.

Q.

Qwerty said:
If previous versions of Sonar supported the card, then so too will v4.

In relation to SF7, I do not own it but downloaded their demo. I cannot get this to bind to my card correctly where the demoes for v6 and v5 both worked properly.

Q.

thanks kindly Q, i take it then that you are a happy 1820M owner? if so, may i ask what software you are using with it?

--

I use Sonar 3 PE and Sound Forge 6 all the time with my E-mu 1820 with no problems. If that's what you need, it should work fine for you...

Don't know about Sound Forge 7.

Sklathill said:
I use Sonar 3 PE and Sound Forge 6 all the time with my E-mu 1820 with no problems. If that's what you need, it should work fine for you...

Don't know about Sound Forge 7.

ahh...that's good to hear. are you using the wdm or asio drivers? or both, and if so, which ones for which apps?

thanks for your help.

----

What I mean is not much of a choice considering E-mu's currently poor (no more than stereo) WDM support. I should have been a bit more clear...

so 'll be able to go back and forth then between the two drivers when, for example, sending a clip from sonar into soundforge for an editing process. this theoretically should work right?

also, sklathill, can you tell me what cpu/chipset/mobo are you using?

thx.

Sonar3 & EMU1820

I only work with Sonar3 for a couple of months now and recently bought the EMU1820. I have to say it works like a dream. I always use the Asio-drivers for everything. Especially love the two Ted Fletcher-Pro Mic-Preamps, they are amazingly vivid and produce no noise at all with my Rode NT1A. I'm recording vocals and acoustic guitars like a pro now. DSP-Effects are ok (reverb is super and delay is far above avarage rest is soso) but really wanted the 24-bit/96000 kHz record quality and the Ted Fletchers. I'm gonna keep this one till I win the lottery! :) Waiting for the WDM-update for testing though.

System:

AMD 64-bit 3000+
MSI KT-800
1 Gig DDR 3200 CL 3.0 (Dane-Elec)
Audio-Tweaked Windows XP-pro (BlackViper-Regs, TuneXP Full Tweak, XP-Lite high-rip)
EMU 1820

Rode NT1a
M-Audio Radium 61

myself and EMU thank both of you very much for the thumbs up. i think i have enough confidence in the little card now to go out and grab one...i just hate the thought of learning new software...there are much better ways to spend my time.

like endlessly posting questions on homerecording.com

;)

Back