Click Tracks in Sonar 4 SE

dave.m.stewart

Hey - I need to find a way to record a click track in Sonar. My attempt to do so went as follow:

I just bought Ping DXi to use as my metronome to create a click track in Sonar. I assigned my key signature and tempo settings and was all set to record it when I realized that the audio track that Ping was assigned to didn't have a record arm button. What gives? So I routed Ping out through my Tascam US-122 interface a speaker and shoved a mic against it. I tracked the tempo for X measures but then came a tempo change. To physically record these changes whether through my mic externally or even though Ping's track if I were able to arm and record it is one tedious fucking process. How do I create tempo changes for my metronome throughout the project and also how might I keep this process internal?

Am I missing something about Ping and/or is there another more accepted/practical method of doing clicks in Sonar?

HELP!

Why didn't you just create a midi track and run it through a midi synth (hard or software) and render it out to an audio track???

Keep things s.i.m.p.l.e.
You're overthinking a difficult solution to an easy problem....

Back