Cakewalk Express

windowman

I have the Express version of Cakewalk which came free with my Soundblaster card. I only use the computer for mixing down with, so I really get by just fine with the software I already have, but just in case I wanted to horse around with a little multi-tracking in the future via computer, does anybody know if this software is even worth installing? Bear in mind that I'll probably never use it, and I only have a Soundblaster Live anyway, so while the Express version only gives you 4 tracks, that's all my soundcard can play in full duplex anyway. Thanks!

Hi,

Cake walk Express is pretty useless (I found)for audio, But what makes you think you can get only 4 tracks? I have an SBlive too and with Cakewalk home ( very nice for the 99 dollar price tag) I have played back up to 12 so far.. True you can only track up to 2 at a time.. But playback is limited to how fast your PC is ...

Hope this helps..

Hey thanks!

I just got that SB card and I could have sworn I read somewhere in the stats that it could only handle 4 channels in full duplex. Oh well, it's nice to hear I was wrong on that one, not that I'll ever use it for muti-tracking anyway, but, you never know.

Back