An already registerd version of sonar 8.5

rockin-tj

Firstly a big hello to all members both old and new.

Please can someone help with the answer to the following question.

I brought a registerd version of Sonar 8 with a working serial No and reg No which all works fine. There is also an update to 8.5 which has the serial No but no registration number.

I have installed the update and all works fine but it keeps asking for the reg code which i do not have when opening sonar 8.5

When i first open sonar 8.5 a dialog box opens with the following message

1 Register on line ( no internet is available on this computer )
2 Enter the reg code ( which i dont have )

There is an astrix note which says if you dont have acess to the web click more info
Once you click on more info a dialog box opens from the read me notes with the following options

1 register now
2 remind me later
3 dont ask me again ( this option closes the dialog box permently )

I would like to use option 3 but this is not available for me to do as the opening dialog box never gives you that option ?

The dialog box also says you have 30 days to register but how can register if its already been registerd
What happens after the 30 day period if you do not have the reg code and why can i not use the dont ask me again option or can you only use that after the 30 days have finished.

all i wanted was a working version of 8.5

Please could someone give some advise on how to over come this problem

many thanks
RTJ

Hi To All

Thanks for the reply

Please can someone tell me if you are still able to get the following

1 Sonar 8 as in the disc not a download
2 Upgrade to V8.5

Please can someone also tell me

1 which is the last version of sonar which has V Vocals or do all the newer versions still have it ?
2 what version of sonar came out after V8.5

Not sure if im allowed to ask this but does any member have a old version of V8 with the V8.5 update which they may be willing to sell
or just the V8.5 registered version they no longer use due to them upgrading to a newer versions of sonar

Thanks
RTJ

Download the Free "Cakewalk by Bandlab" (if you have a 64 bit system) and you'll jump Past the last version Sonar ever made .. mark

Hi To All

Thanks for the reply

Please can someone tell me if you are still able to get the following

1 Sonar 8 as in the disc not a download
2 Upgrade to V8.5

Please can someone also tell me

1 which is the last version of sonar which has V Vocals or do all the newer versions still have it ?
2 what version of sonar came out after V8.5

Not sure if im allowed to ask this but does any member have a old version of V8 with the V8.5 update which they may be willing to sell
or just the V8.5 registered version they no longer use due to them upgrading to a newer versions of sonar

Thanks
RTJ

After 8.5, the versions are X1, X2, X3 Platinum, CbB
The last version to have V-Vocal was X2
This has been supplanted by Melodyne in the later versions, but you don't get the full version, just Essential

I revere the 8.5.3 version of Sonar and I have everything you need, but have to figure out a way to get it to you. Uploading is so slow but you'd only need 8.5 and the updates to 8.5.3 are .exe's that are not very big.

You could try the free Bandlab version but I think they've dumped the Staff View and Sonar had the best. I hate having to hover over every note or scroll until the note is against the piano key. We have a language and our software should speak it! I know nothing about versions after 8.5.3 because it's damn near perfect and I looked no further.

rev

PS: I just checked, everything you need is less than 100 meg, that's 8.5, 8.5.2 and 8.5.3. I could put it in a Dropbox folder for you with instructions.

Last edited:
I revere the 8.5.3 version of Sonar and I have everything you need, but have to figure out a way to get it to you. Uploading is so slow but you'd only need 8.5 and the updates to 8.5.3 are .exe's that are not very big.

You could try the free Bandlab version but I think they've dumped the Staff View and Sonar had the best. I hate having to hover over every note or scroll until the note is against the piano key. We have a language and our software should speak it! I know nothing about versions after 8.5.3 because it's damn near perfect and I looked no further.

rev

PS: I just checked, everything you need is less than 100 meg, that's 8.5, 8.5.2 and 8.5.3. I could put it in a Dropbox folder for you with instructions.
Hi revnice1, I just bought a used rol

rev

Hi Revnice1, I just bond a used Roland v studio 100 and I need to update my sonar producer 8.5 to 8.5.2 and I can no longer get on this site to download it. Can you please send me a copy?
Thanks!

Hello to everyone here--I cannot begin to say how grateful I am that forums like this exist for indie musicians. The short version of my inquiry to this old thread is--very much hoping that revnice1 is still here--as follows.

I was a faithful Sonar Producer Pro customer from 2006-2011, bought, registered, and used (and still have on discs with serial numbers AND emails with my activation key numbers for) Sonar 8.5 and X1. I did not however update my account at Cakewalk before they closed, and so don't have a Cakewalk SSO account.

Earlier this month the laptop I've used the past dozen years began to fail-- I continued to use it because my sound card is an E/MU 1616M that requires a PCMCIA card slot. And I now have a smoothly running ThinkPad of the same era (Windows 7/64-bit) as a replacement. Since I am extremely leery about trying to update the OS, the bandlab freeware version is not an option. Nor may there be any way to access the legacy website maintained by bandcamp to confirm my registration, and avoid Sonar shutting itself down once the 30-Day "grace period" ends.

Accordingly, I wonder if anyone knows whether I can simply enter the old key codes I have from emails and be good to go without ALSO having to confirm this with online activation (and/or if there's any difference between 8.5 and X1 in this regard). Second, in the event I can get myself fully "activated" but cannot download the 8.2 and 8.3 updates from the legacy webpages, might you, revnice1, be willing to send me files via WeTransfer (with instructions), as you offered to do back in Oct 2000.

I have at least five years of work including some extraordinary tracks by musicians who've since died. And while I have "backups" (and mixed down versions) the individual tracks are all in Sonar. And so. . . any/all advice and help would be very greatly appreciated.

Okay--I've gotten one useful answer from Cakewalk customer service. Without a Cakewalk SSO account, there is no access to updates for legacy products. However, a serial number and a registration number will "activate" Sonar 8.5 from discs permanently. For me, getting back to 8.5.3 would be highly desirable. Might anyone here know if I can find the necessary files on my old computer? Or might anyone have them? I would be more than grateful!

Back