96k Changed to 44.1k???

Nate74

HR4FREBR
I recorded some tracks the other night on my HD24XR at 96k. I then imported them into Cakewalk HS-XL and did my mixes there. When I exported the finished mixes, they came out as 44.1k/24bit. It's been a while since I've done anything at 96, but I would have thought my finished mixes would have come out at 96/24???

Am I missing something?

It depends on how you have HS set up. Go to Options > Audio and look at your settings. If you want 96kHz sampling rate, HS has to be set to work at that rate (and your sound card must be able to support it).

Doesn't it give you the option when you export the mix? On the dialog box where you name the mix, you should have options for the sample rate, bit depth, and type of file you are mixing down to.

:eek: :eek: Whoops, sorry. Sillyhat is correct. It does not depend on how the program is set up, you can dictate the sample rate and bit depth from the Export dialogue box.

OK, this is so wierd. I went to check my dialogue box for exporting and I only have a bit depth option, not a sample rate option.

So I check the files that I brought in off the HD24 and to my shock I find to sets of files. The original files at 96/24 and another set of files with the same names at 44.1/16.

Then upon closer inspection I see that the 96/24 have a file extention of .org... what the heck I think...

Then I realize that at some piont, I used r8brain to convert some of the early 96/24 mixes to 44.1/16 to put on a CD. I must have told r8brain to do a "batch" process went means it searched the sub-folders (the ones that included the original tracks) and converted them down to 44.1/16 as well. So wehn CW referenced the tracks with the original names, they weren't the original files, they were the 44.1 files.

Mystery solved... no to get this egg of my face :rolleyes:

Back