I need a Breath Controller

Yadi

anybody know where I can find a breath controller that will work with my Alesis QS8.1? I'm not looking for a "midi" controller such as the yamaha or akai that has actual keys and plugs in via midi, but I am looking for an "expression" breath controller that plugs into one of the pedal jacks on the synth.......I've spent an hour scouring the web...no luck. I know yamaha has this headset thingy (can you say Stevie Windwood?) but cannot find anything conclusive on that....

Thank you for the response.

Yadi

Thanks for the link David. Do you think this BC3 will work in my PEDAL jack on my Alesis QS8.1? It looks like the picture shows a trs jack (1/8) and my pedal jacks accept trs...I'll have to convert it to 1/4" though). I'll try looking a little harder in the manual. I know it covers different assignments for the pedal jacks. boring read.

Thanks again.

Good question, I dont know. Yup, it is an 1/8 inch plug, I know it works with Kurzweil and other Makers, dont know about Alesis.

BTW, ever used one? I did a long time ago. For me, it was very difficult to use, this was the first model. I have heard people make it work, but it wasnt for me.

I've never used one but would like to use it to give a little more control of the attacks...something I can't fake with my foot. I imagine it would only work for a handful of sounds. I may just take Musicians Friend up on the 30 day try and buy....:)

Back