BRC to sync to my PC W/CWPA9

rushfan33

Alright... I have a baby coming into the world in a couple of months and I need to make room. My PC will have to go to the studio where I have 3 ADATs with a BRC. What do I need to hook the BRC to my computer so I can sync them up? Basicall I just want to be able to combine MIDI with the recorded ADAT tracks. Please be easy on me as I'm not the MIDI or software expert.
Thanks in advance...

By the way, this is my first post and I hope it ends up in the right place!

You just need to connect the ADAT's to the BRC as you would normally do.
Then you can use a MIDI cable from the BRC MIDI OUT to the MIDI PORT on your computer.
You have to setup your software so it will be a slave for the BRC.
Setup the BRC to GEN SYNC, through MIDI CLOCK and you should be fine.
You'll need a formatted tape on the ADAT or with the time code recorded so it will work.
I'm trying to get it to work with no tape present, but I've not been sucessfull so far.

Try using the BRC as the Master device and Sonar the Slave via MIDI. Set Sonar to recieve an external sync through MMC or MTC. I use to do this all the time. Something you will have to do is set an offset time in Sonar since your tape will start at various points depending where your songs are located.

I used my BRC originally to get Master Word clock into the ADATs (which now have turned into a HD24). I married all this to the PC with a MOTU 2408 mkII.

Back