Alesis Multimix 16 USB

dognoise

I recently ordered a Multimix 16 USB, but the wrong product was sent to me, I opened the box and it was a Multimix 16FX, so I thought I'd open it up and have a look before I sent it back.

As far as I could make out, although there's 16 channels, the output of the Multimix 16FX was only 1 stereo output, which would be no good for me.

What I need to know is does the USB version of the this product enable you to mix 16 inidvidual channels in cubase, or like the 16FX does the 16USB only allow a stereo output?

or am I wasting my time looking at this product?

Thanks

USB is only 2 channels. Return the one they sent in error. Spend the extra dough and get the firewire. All channel inputs are independant.

Thanks, that is the answer I was looking for, I've been through loads of product searches on it, and not one of them had given a definitive answer, so thanks again, that's helped a great deal :)

I've already got the full refund off the other one, so I'll keep that money and have a look into the firewire version.

The 16FX should have two stereo outs.. They'll be labled "Main Mix Out" and "3/4 Mix Out".. The 16 USB the the 16 Firewire are the same.. Nither of them however will let you record both the Main Mix Out and 3/4 Out at the same time and keep them independant of each other. With the Firewire you can record all of the individual tracks and reassemble the main mix and 3/4 mix on your computer though.

You also cannot send a single input channel to both the Main & 3/4 outs at the same time without some creative cross patching of inputs and outputs

--
Rob

Back