Mpc 4000

damn.. i mean... that's just too much.. sometimes simple is simply better, and this seems to be ridiculous.. i bet your innovation and inspiration will stand no chance against this monster piece... damn...
but as i haven't tried it yet, i couldn't tell..

Looks nice. :D

I wonder how much it costs?

I will probably wait a minute, until the get the kinks out of the unit. ;)

it's some ultra weird intel-akai collaboration and you can do everything with it. it'll even cook yo' sausage for you.
but with allmost the same size interface as the rest of the mpcs i think it's a shot too high.. i checked the overview list and some of those specs were simply too daft or unneccesary..

Chriss said:

1) it's some ultra weird intel-akai collaboration and you can do everything with it.
2) it'll even cook yo' sausage for you.
3) .... i think it's a shot too high.. i checked the overview list and some of those specs were simply too daft or unneccesary..

1) True.
2) LOL :D
3) I not too sure about that one. I had the same convo' with XELF. He thought that it was too much for a beginner and that most people wouldn't be able to fully use all of its parameters. But the times are changing in this music creation game, plus they (Akai) are raising the bar.

Just my $0.02 :)

peace ...

well its got functions i'd never even think of using.. i like it simple.. doesn't make it any more innovative just cause it can do alot.. it's all about who's using the box..
personally i prefer working with synths, sampler and sequencer.. Preferably not all in one box.. can't wait to get a drumbox.. i think i'll buy the new Waldorf RackAttack.. and then i'll get the Waldorf Pulse as a little wicked expansion of my studio :) mmmm... pulse.. drool...

You also have to remember that the "game" is about to change. The normal media is about to become DVD, not CD, so you'll have to "step up" to 96/192. :(

Just my $0.02, YMMV :cool:

Peace Y'all I couldnt imagine spending $4000 on a sampler sure it has nice features but it's like a dollar short and a day late.

hell with 4G's i could a motif and and AW2816 and call it a day but If someone gave me a MPC4000 than thats a diferent story

My lil .02
One Love

the 4000 has so many more features than the 2000xl though. i wouldn't put the cd-rw on it though...i like the editors in it now. plus 512mb or ram...not 32mb from the 2000xl, and 16mb from the 3000le.

Trak said:

Correction 32 MB in the MPC 3000/ LE. :)

correction :) its only 16mb.
Sampling time: 21.9 seconds (2 mbytes), expandable to 188 seconds (16 Mbytes)

go to akaipro.com....

Sampler

Sampling rate: 44.1 kHz (20-20kHz)

Data formal: 16 bit linear

Voice filtering: -12dB/Oct dynamic resonant lowpass filter per voice

Maximum sounds in memory: 128

Number of sound programs: 24

Number of sound assignments per program: 64

Maximum simultaneous voices: 32

c9-2001 said:

correction :) its only 16mb.

Uh no... I have one and mine has 32 MB in it. :cool:

c9-2001 said:

i don't know how...

That's what I said when I got the memory installed... I was like 32Megs??? HOW?!? Anyway it can take 32Megs, despite what the specs say. Thank God it does too... I sample my guitar a LOT!!! :cool:

Back