Problems with installed EIC2 piano sample

Sweetmeats

Hello,
I have Ableton 6 that came with my M-Audio 88 key controller. I just installed the EIC2 pack. I connect my midi keyboard to my computer
& I can get things like the organ sounds that came with the program to work fine, but when I try to drag & drop the piano ones it won't let me do it.
I just want to hear a regular piano sound, & I can't get it to work! I can't believe that the program didn't come with a piano sound in the first place (other than piano attack which sounds weird), I'm so frustrated I've had this midi keyboard for 2 weeks now & haven't been able to use it. I bought it because I wanted to practice piano. It's maddening!

Can anyone help?
Oh please! When I installed the pack it went through the progress bar listing the piano sounds & all the other instruments,
then said they installed successfully. I had to get them from WinRar, there was a listing that said EIC2, then it had all the other instruments listed seperately as well. I clicked on each listing & installed which my computer said it completed doing each time.

What is going wrong??

If it's a new installation of Ableton, they will send you a serial number when you register the product with them.
Then you use the unlocking routine (see the link in my previous post) to go online from within Ableton and enter the serial number when prompted to do so.
Once Ableton 6 has been activated & unlocked with the serial number they sent you in an e-mail, you'll be able to unlock EIC2 without using that serial number, because all that info will be on the Ableton server and will be permanently associated with you and the installed copy of Ableton 6 on your computer.
If none of that does the trick, you'll have to e-mail Ableton's customer support and have them help you work it out.
They are very good about such things, and will help you get on track in short order.

Has been a while since I had to do all that, so forgot to add that you will be sent a serial number and a "challenge code". Hang onto the e-mail they send you that has both those bits of info, as you may have need of them in the future should you add more content, or need to re-install Ableton or it's add-ons.

Also, there should be a product code on the CD envelope that came with the original installation CD for Ableton (the Ableton CD that came with the m-88 keyboard). You'll need that when you register Ableton.

Re:

It's not a new installation, I already have ableton 6 installed (with the serial number & cd that came with my m-audio keyboard). So I need an another serial number in addition to that? I haven't registered ableton 6 yet, that's required?

Thanks so much for your help so far :)

Yeas, registering (Activation) is required, otherwise Ableton will work, but with limited functionality (or for a limited time before functionality is reduced, I don't remember which).
Once it's activated, you'll be able to go online from within Ableton to activate the EIC2 and unlock all the musical goodness there in.
Getting everything loaded up and activated & unlocked is a little convoluted so, again, don't hesitate to contact them for further assistance in getting you all set up.
(*Ableton's customer support in these matters is usually top notch and very speedy: they actually WANT you to use their products)

customercare@ableton.com

So do I need to get another serial number for EIC2 from ableton, or do I just use the serial from Ableton 6 that came from the cd? I read somewhere that the serial for EIC1 (which I believe came with Ableton 6?) is the same for EIC2.

You need to contact customercare@ableton.com .

In the time you've spent here trying to get it sorted out, you could have gone straight to the source and gotten it worked out.
They know their software inside & out, and they are the ones who created the registration/unlocking process to begin with.
They are who you need to look to to get this finished up so you can get going.
They are not out to screw you over and, as long as all your software is legit, and as long as EIC2 is truly compatible with such an old version of Live, they will be most happy to help you get this sorted out.
I don't mean to come off harsh about it, but the tools to resolve this have been given to you: customercare@ableton.com

Yeah, it does sound kinda harsh. I was just asking.

What I don't get is why I apparently got such an "older" version of Ableton, with a midi keyboard I just bought a couple weeks ago! All I want is to be able to play it, & this seems to be incredibly impossible & frustrating to have happen. Of course I can email Ableton, but since this is an Ableton Forum I figured there would be no problem in posting my question (especially since a lot of companies now don't even give you a manual, you have to find out how to use the product on youtube), I didn't expect to be chastised for how I'm using my time, albeit on a website where you're encourage to post questions.

I'm really regretting getting this program, I wish I never did.
All I want to do is to be able to play a decent piano sound, it's really frustrating that a keyboard controller would come with a program that wouldn't even include this in their basic sounds.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's encountered this, or feels this way.

Thanks again for you help I'll get right on contacting customer service, thanks so much for the tip.

Back