mastering software?

palmersutra25

so, ive been recording and mixing tracks on ableton for the last few months now, but can anyone recommend a good sollution to mastering?

any software packages etc?

cheers

Ableton come with a decent set of plugins that should cover every need..I use UAD's plugs, just because they dont add much to my PCs Cpu, are good quality..and give me a feeling of a separate processes between tracking and mixing

but Im sure abletons would cover you

thanks guys, i didnt really know i could master on ableton to be honest. some people that use ableton ive noticed use izotope ozone to master? is this any good?

cheers tim, i'll check out the book.

Ozone is just a suite of plugins...people use it because it has presets, people ruin their music because it has presets...thats the two way sword

Ableton has a couple of EQs, a limiter, stereo and multiband compressors, reverb, saturation..add voxengos free SPAN spectrum analyzer ..thats it, you've got Ozone :)

Izotope Nectar for vocals / Izotope Alloy for mastering single instruments / Izotope Ozone or T-Racks for your final mastering. Hope this helps :d.

Success in mastering requires more than a software and a plugin. Even you have the best software and plugins in the world. No one can substitute great ears, correctly treated room acoustics and skills in the mastering process. Any mastering engineer with that set of characteristics can succeed in any software I think so. Its the skill, ears and the room acoustic that matters. I agree reading the concepts first as well as reading books. Then try to develop great listening skills required for mastering.

A agree, mastering is a process and great masters come from highly experienced engineers. However I don’t believe that was the question, so for the great mastering software I recommend looking into Soundblade, Sequoia, WaveLab, Pyramix, Cubetech, and/or SADiE. These are all mastering quality DAW’s and many are combined with excellent processing tools.

Back