A few minutes of rhythmic distractions for your ear vaginas...

DoobieBrother

Done in Ableton Suite 8.3.3

Made a custom 16-piece drum kit and tuned the drums with my little Korg GA guitar/bass tuner for a little sweeter & more cohesive sound.

Thanks!
I know it has some faults, and am hanging on to the MIDI file so I can go back in and rework a few spots, but I am enjoying the drums in Ableton more & more as I use them and tweak them to taste.
That piece was all done with a mouse instead of with my MPK61, but by manually tweaking velocities & such it comes out sounding fairly analog.
I don't mind using the "Random" & "Velocity" effects from the MIDI Effects tools, but it's not so hard to just go in and do it by hand/mouse to get the little bits of emphasis on some of the notes so it doesn't sound mechanical & perfect.
That way, too, I don't ruin any artificial flow generated by the "Random" tools that may disappear when I go back in to edit it at a later date.
If I manually add the fake randomness, at least I know what's going on in every single note.
Anyways, thanks for taking the time to listen to it, and for the kind words!
:-)

I just bought this, its insanely fun!

IMG_0512.jpg

Oh, man!
You have NO idea how much I want one of those!
Well, actually, you probably do!
;-)
I have one of those listed on my "Wish List", and hope to have one in my possession next year.
Way cool stuff!

Oh, man!
You have NO idea how much I want one of those!
Well, actually, you probably do!
;-)
I have one of those listed on my "Wish List", and hope to have one in my possession next year.
Way cool stuff!

Ive had some fun with it...unfortunately my skills are lacking, I bet youd put it to good use

picked it up for $70 on fleabay so keep your eyes peeled and post more stuff up :thumbs up:

Damn!
That's a sweet deal!
Hmmm... if I can find one even close to that price, I might try for one for x-mas!
I keep forgetting about the flea when it comes to great bargains...
Eyes are officially peeled!
:eek:

Back