fat low end

palmersutra25

hey guys, does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about getting a recording sound similar to this? i know the guy uses ableton, but he creates a really warm fat low end sound on all of his recordings, ive messed around for hours, and cant seem to get it.

any suggestions?

cheers guys

SHLOHMO - Anywhere But Here - YouTube

Sorry, not going to help you with the ableton question, but can we stop with the sidecahin compression already? It's becoming as anoying as autotune.

like what?

i take my suggestions didnt work with layering and EQ banding?

theres a great little plug in by dada life called sausage fattener, its $29...I guess its a compressor, limiter, and saturator in one with a daft interface...but it does work to a certain extent, but its no magic wand

Dada Life » SAUSAGE FATTENER

Thanks again kc, no your previous comments have all been really helpful. Ive been able to get much nicer bass sounds really, but im still experimenting.

could you be more specific with tips on compression or EQ banding frequencies on tracks like this the one i posted above please?

sorry mate, im abroad using a netbook so ive no way of listening except through its crappy speakers :(

Back