Clean Install Of OS/ Live will not Work

novation1

I just had a bad laptop crash and had to completely reinstall my OS. (Windows XP) Now live wiil not work,it installs but will not run. Ableton support have asked me to delete two files which are "preferences.cfg" and " Unlock.cfg". These are both located here:

Windows: C: \documents and settings\[username]\application data\Ableton\live x.x\preferences\preferences.cfg and here:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\”username”\Application Data\Ableton\Live 8.0.X\Unlock.

The problem is both files are not in these folders so i cannot delete them(which is strange) and then re run live.I have e mailed ableton back but not yet had a reply. I just dont know what to do now,i dont really want to do another install which may not even work. I hope someone can help on this,i have not written any beats for a week!
I am running the latest version of live, 8.1.3

when i fire my DAW up Ill see if I can locate the...Im running XP on 8.1.3 as well..

Live has been as stable as a rock for me but this last update has made it shut down twice when closing a project...i hope im not going the same way as you :(

btw i burned out a hard drive recently and had to reinstall everything again...Live wouldnt run from the desktop shortcut until a opened it by double clicking the license file???

Back