ableton live lite 4 features?

thebigcheese

"Hi, I'm in Delaware."
So I just got a Delta 1010 lt, which comes with Ableton Live Lite 4... I read on an ebay page that this does 4 tracks of audio, but I know I can use more than that, so my question is, can I record to more than 4 at once with this version? I mean, I ordered Pro Tools under the impression that I can't, but since I'm in college I'd like to be able to master on my laptop at school (my recording computer's at home) and if I use Pro Tools I'll have to buy another interface to use it... ugh. So yes, basically, will this Live Lite 4 let me record more than 4 tracks at once? That would be swell. Thanks.

No, Live Lite will not let you record more than 4 audio tracks, period. Live (full version) is an awesome program, but its really not suited at all for recording a performance. The Delta 1010 works with Protools M-Powered which is $150 if your a student. With M-Powered, you can record as many simultaneously as your system will run. If you're wanting to record, say a band, or a 2 man acoustic duo, Live is not really going to cut the mustard for you.

sixways said:
No, Live Lite will not let you record more than 4 audio tracks, period. Live (full version) is an awesome program, but its really not suited at all for recording a performance. The Delta 1010 works with Protools M-Powered which is $150 if your a student. With M-Powered, you can record as many simultaneously as your system will run. If you're wanting to record, say a band, or a 2 man acoustic duo, Live is not really going to cut the mustard for you.

Yeah live lite is very limited. I love to go free, atleast for now, and i run my fast track pro with rapier (great, simple multitrack editor...i think it has unlimited tracks...?) and audacity (which has nice waveform editing features.)

both are for windows, and audacity works with linux and macs too. :rolleyes:

Sweet. This is exactly the information I need. At least I haven't wasted my money by buying Pro Tools, then. Gonna have to waste more for a second interface, though... ugh. Thanks all.

Bro...hold up a sec...

What's the waste of money with Protools? You know that Live Lite is not Protools right? Protools will do what you need it to do. That being said, so will other multitracking software (audacity/ntrack/cubase/etc).

Why are you wanting a second interface? You've got 10 tracks in now man?

Don't throw out Protools over Live Lite is all I'm saying. Live is a neat program, but for what you're wanting to do, I don't think its right for you.

Back