Ableton Live - Importing Audio...

hi

ableton is based on a drag and drop thing. You have to locate the sound files through the browser folders on the left hand side, find the one you want, and then drag it (as a cell) over to the session on the right.

I can't do this either. It's very frustrating.

I've saved the file I want to input in the same place all the other files that show up in the browser are saved in, but it's the one file that doesn't appear. GRR! Is it cause it's not an ALS file?

I've put a new thread about this on this forum. Hopefully someone will reply!

what type of file is it?

I drop all sorts of audio in ableton??

also what version of Live is it?

It’s Ableton Live 7 (full version). And the file was a wav file I think.

It just wouldn’t show the file in the list of files in the browser. It showed all the other ones that were saved in the same folders, but just not that particular file. *shrug*

It’s Ableton Live 7 (full version). And the file was a wav file I think.

It just wouldn’t show the file in the list of files in the browser. It showed all the other ones that were saved in the same folders, but just not that particular file. *shrug*

you know i have a handful of samples...not many...that come up as corrupted in Abletons browser...they open elsewhere though

they were only one shots so it never bothered me..I wonder if it an inherent fault with Live??

can you convert the file into a different format and try that?

Hmm, well I tried converting it into different formats but it just wouldn't appear anywhere in the browser. I also tried saving it to different locations, all of which DO appear in the browser but just not THAT specific file.

So annoying!!! :spank:

Back